Excellence in leadership for first responders today requires great fortitude and a depth of understanding of the significant issues facing communities in general and law enforcement agencies. Law enforcement defense attorney Missy O’Linn will share her experience dealing with high profile law enforcement litigation and incidents focusing on key concerns and challenges for public agencies. The issues of the day require agencies to take a proactive approach to liability issues; this training will prepare you to protect your agency and yourself, while still serving the community.
Topics Will Include:
- Preparing for the Law Enforcement Tsunami: Disaster Planning for the storm ahead
- Understanding and Meeting Expectations: Theirs, Ours, and Your Own
- Decontaminating the Jury Pool: Public Outreach and Department Image and Branding
- Body Worn Cameras, the First Amendment vs. Public Records Act and the Public Right to Know
- Re-Engineering Use of Force Training: Ninja Cops?
- Keeping it Real in the Eye of the Storm
Course Fee: $25.00
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.