This ICI Elective course is designed for peace officers who are currently assigned or will be assigned to investigate officer-involved shooting and in-custody death investigations. This course is designed to enhance the effectiveness of the individual criminal investigators skills in performing the multi-disciplined, multi-leveled tasks necessary to successfully conduct a comprehensive investigation including officer-involved shootings, use of force incidents, and in-custody death investigations. Instruction in this course is provided through a coordinated, experience-based adult learning approach addressing various course topics including procedural justice and stakeholders, investigative bias, use of force law, human factors, administrative investigations, crime scene management, digital forensics, video evidence and seizure, in-custody death investigations, contemporary critical incident case studies and role-playing practical exercises.
- Stakeholders, Procedural Justice & Investigative Bias
- Administrative Investigations
- Use of Force
- Video Evidence, Seizure & Digital Forensics
- Physiological and Psychological Changes (human factors)
- In-Custody Death Investigations
- Contemporary Officer Involved Case Reviews & Practicals
- Crime Scene Management, Physical Evidence/Forensics
- Currently working in an investigative unit
- Completion of the POST online “Search Warrant Fundamentals” class on the POST Learning Portal https://lp.post.ca.gov/post/default.aspx
If you have any questions or issues about these prerequisites, please contact the RTC as soon as possible.
Course Certification Number: 9070-22450
Course Certification Hours: 40
Course Fee Information:
POST Reimbursement Plan IV: There is no tuition for POST reimbursable agencies. Student travel and per diem reimbursement will be via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR) for POST reimbursable agencies only.
Non-POST Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $1,389.75. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
DISCLAIMER: Priority enrollment for this course is to law enforcement from POST participating agencies.
03/25-29/2024 – Orange County
March 25, 2024 - March 29, 2024
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
05/06-10/2024 – San Diego
May 06, 2024 - May 10, 2024
8:00 am - 5:00 pm