As the fourth course in the HR Academy Series, the Classification and Compensation course is a day and a half course designed to provide instruction on the philosophy, methodologies, and tools used to conduct classification and compensation studies in the public sector.
- Classification and salary structure development and maintenance
- Pay philosophy and how it is used in decision making
- Steps to conduct a job analysis for classification purposes
- Job evaluation methodologies
- Pros and cons of general versus specialized classifications
- How to write a classification specification
- Designing total compensation survey instruments and labor markets
- Identifying appropriate labor market for pay comparisons
- Overview of point factor pay methodologies
- Communicating classification and pay findings
Instructor: Sheri Waters
Course Fee: $284.00
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates GTA for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.