This 80 hour course builds on the concepts in Basic and Intermediate Investigation and prepares the student to attend Accident Reconstruction Course. The course is designed to improve the students’ skills and knowledge of the advanced techniques used to determine the sequence of events that result in a traffic accident and how to properly document the available information. The students will have the opportunity to become proficient in the following areas:
- Advanced accident photography and photogrammetry
- Environmental examinations and accident scene measurements
- Techniques for preparing scale diagrams
- Vehicle examination and diagramming
- Human factors and mechanisms of injury
- Mathematics, time-position analysis and freefall analysis
- Legal Aspects
- Environmental Factors
- Vehicle Factors
- Human Factors
- Mathematics & Basic Physics
- Time-Position Analysis (Kinematics)
- Freefall Analysis
Successful completion of the Basic Traffic Investigation Course, or equivalency, is a prerequisite to this course. The Intermediate Traffic Investigation course is not a required pre-requisite for this course, despite the name, as it covers different material. Some students have found it helpful to take the Advanced course prior to the Intermediate course. If you have any questions or issues about the prerequisites, please contact the GTA/RTC.
Course Certification Number: 9070-33610
Course Certification Hours: 80
Course Fee Information:
POST Reimbursement Plan N/A: Tuition is $850. There is no tuition, travel or per diem reimbursement for this course.
Non-POST Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $850. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
07/15-26/2019 – San Diego
July 15, 2019 - July 26, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm