Law enforcement agencies are faced with the potential of paying enormous settlements and spending hours of staff time preparing to defend cases involving personal and/or public liability. This five-day program has been developed for records supervisors and managers to help them prevent situations which could result in department or personal liability and to improve their supervisory skills.
- Procedures and Strategies for Preventing Liabilities
- Areas of Potential Liablility
- Laws and Recent Court Decisions Affecting Personal Liability in Law Enforcement
- Techniques for Managing Effectively, Building Trust, and Dealing with Negativity
- Personnel Management Strategies for Reducing Employee Turnover, Sick Leave Abuse and Work-Related Disabilities
Course Certification Number: 9070-41710
Course Certification Hours: 40
Course Fee Information: $517
Effective February 1, 2020 per POST Bulletin No. 2019-40:
POST Reimbursement Plan IV: Tuition for POST reimbursable agencies is $517. Travel reimbursement is available via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR).
Non-Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $517. There is no reimbursement for tuition, travel and per diem.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.