This is a comprehensive search warrant course condensed for patrol officer education. Topics include definition of and how to obtain a search warrant, what can be seized, and the essential elements of a well written warrant that will gain judicial approval.
This course will cover search warrant law and procedure, knock and notice, affidavit preparation, problems of search warrant preparation, knock and talk, and the actual preparation tactics necessary to properly serve and execute a search warrant effectively and safely. The student will develop a sound operational plan for the execution of a search warrant.
This course is designed for patrol officers, investigators, and field supervisors. Seasoned Detectives will also benefit from learning new laws covered in the course.
- Updated laws and new requirements
- CPC 1546-1546.4 (SB178)
- Definition of a search warrant
- How to obtain a search warrant
- What can be seized
- Essential elements of a well written warrant that will gain judicial approval
POST Course Control Number: 9070-24261
STC Course Control Number: 07521729
Course Certification Hours: 8
- Students are required to bring a laptop computer for use in this course.
- Students are also required to complete the Search Warrant Fundamentals – POST Learning Portal Online Training Course (certificate of completion required on first day of class). https://lp.post.ca.gov/post/user_pass.aspx
- This satisfies the ICI course prerequisite.
- Student will also need to bring a copy of their agency’s search warrant forms, such as a face sheet affidavit, return etc.
Course Fee Information: $95
Effective February 1, 2020 per POST Bulletin No. 2019-40:
POST Reimbursement Plan IV: Tuition for POST reimbursable agencies is $95. Travel reimbursement is available via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR).
Non-Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $95. There is no reimbursement for tuition, travel and per diem.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
03/19/2020 – San Diego
March 19, 2020 - March 19, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
06/05/2020 – San Diego
June 05, 2020 - June 05, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm