Mindfulness & Resiliency for Public Safety Personnel
This wellness program is funded for California law enforcement personnel through Grant Award IGP-FY18/19-017 from the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (CA POST) through the Innovative Grants Program (IGP).
This highly interactive, student-centered course provides emergency service providers the knowledge, skills, and abilities to seamlessly integrate holistic wellness, resiliency and mindfulness best practices into their personal and professional lives. Designed and delivered by police officers and California POST Master Instructors, this course employs the concepts of adult learning to specifically address the unique challenges and stresses faced by our first responders and communications personnel. Every learner will leave with effective, cutting-edge stress management tools and mindfulness best practices that can be immediately implemented to enhance all aspects of their personal lives and work performance.
This course is open to ALL personnel working in the public safety environment, including professional staff and dispatchers.
- Emergency services unique stressors
- Individual stress ratings and analysis
- Effectively managing the pace of modern times
- Self-care time management – family & friends
- Stress inoculation techniques
- Restoration techniques and improving sleep
- Autogenic breath control
- Rediscovering purpose, meaning and legacy
- Training your brain for happiness
- Physiology of stress
- Transference – caring for friends & family
- Balancing body, mind and spirit
POST Course Control Number: 9070-49400
Hosting a Course at your Agency:
- Provide a training room large enough for 25-30 students
- Provide basic A/V equipment – LCD projector, screen and speakers. We will provide the laptop to connect to your A/V set up. If no A/V equipment is available, please let us know so we can work to send an alternative A/V set up to the course location, as necessary.
- Most importantly – ADVERTISE the class to local agencies! The GTA/RTC will create a flyer for the course and advertise, but in our experience, local advertising makes the difference in obtaining enough students to run the course successfully!
Course Fee Information:
Sworn CA Law Enforcement Personnel: Tuition for this course is covered by POST Grant IGP-FY18/19-017. Eligibility for tuition coverage requires that the student be active sworn California law enforcement.
All other non-sworn public safety personnel (dispatchers/professional staff): Tuition is $291. All members working within public safety are welcome and encouraged to attend the course, including public safety dispatch and professional staff. However, the grant funding active sworn California law enforcement personnel is limited to include only those individuals. All others that do not meet that criteria will be charged tuition of $291. Please note that due to the format of our registration system, it will show a zero balance during registration. Students will receive an invoice prior to the start of the course, which will be separate from registration.
POST Plan: N/A – There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem, regardless of POST affiliation.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates GTA/RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
This course is financially supported by Grant No. IGP-FY18/19-017 awarded by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (CA POST). The opinions, findings, and conclusions in this publication are those of the author and not necessarily those of POST. POST reserves a royalty-free, nonexclusive, and irrevocable license to reproduce, publish, and use this material and to authorize others to do so.