Instructional Technology UPDATE Course*
*IDI Level IV Master Instructor Course Pre-Requisite
This course provides intermediate skills and knowledge related to the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint when preparing presentations and documentation for training. It expands on the skills taught in the introductory Instructional Technology course and presents the foundational skills desired in the MICC. Additionally, this course meets the training requirement for the POST Academy Instructor Certification triennial re-certification training requirement for law enforcement instructors.
Target Audience: All agencies and public safety instructors who desire further training and/or are planning to attend the MICC. The Government Training Agency verifies eligibility of trainers and reserves the right to refuse entrance.
Topics will include:
- Using PowerPoint as an interactive skills assessment
- Using PowerPoint as an organizational tool
- Integrating Excel documents into PowerPoint
- Integrating Word documents into PowerPoint
- Using bookmarks and hyperlinks in Word and PowerPoint
- Creating outlines in Word
- Creating tables and forms in Word
The following prerequisite has been established as a minimum baseline for students attending this course:
- Successfully have completed the Basic Instructor Course (AICC), ICI Instructor (ICII) or an equivalency
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level II Core Course
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level II Instructional Technology Course or Technology Equivalency Essay
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level III – Advanced Instructor Development Course (Phase I & II)
Course Equipment Requirements:
The following are required equipment and materials for students attending this course:
- Must have a working knowledge of keys, tabs, files, and programs on your computer.
- Laptop computers with wireless access are REQUIRED. IPads and tablets of any kind are not acceptable. Computers must have the following software:
- 2007 or Newer
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- You must also bring an outline for a course that you teach
Course Certification Number: 9070-21725
Course Certification Hours: 16
Course Fee Information:
Reimbursement Plan IV: There is no tuition for POST reimbursable agencies. As of 10/7/2019, travel reimbursement is reimbursable via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR).
Non-Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $113.31. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates GTA for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
01/4-5/2022 – Orange County
January 04, 2022 - January 05, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm