This highly interactive, student-centered course provides emergency service providers the knowledge, skills, and abilities to seamlessly integrate holistic wellness, resiliency and mindfulness best practices into their personal and professional lives. Designed and delivered by police officers and California POST Master Instructors, this course employs the concepts of adult learning to specifically address the unique challenges and stresses faced by our first responders and communications personnel. Every learner will leave with effective, cutting-edge stress management tools and mindfulness best practices that can be immediately implemented to enhance all aspects of their personal lives and work performance.
This course is open to ALL personnel working in the public safety environment, including professional staff and dispatchers.
This online version of this course is held through Zoom, in a live virtual session, and broken up into four 4-hour sessions. This platform allows for students to connect with other law enforcement personnel statewide and the instructor from anywhere. All wishing to attend this course must register prior to the course starting and have equipment to login via the web. Call ins are not allowed and you are required to have and use a web camera and microphone per POST guidelines.
- Emergency services unique stressors
- Individual stress ratings and analysis
- Effectively managing the pace of modern times
- Self-care time management – family & friends
- Stress inoculation techniques
- Restoration techniques and improving sleep
- Autogenic breath control
- Rediscovering purpose, meaning and legacy
- Training your brain for happiness
- Physiology of stress
- Transference – caring for friends & family
- Balancing body, mind and spirit
POST Course Control Numbers:
Module 1: 9070-49411
Module 2: 9070-49412
Module 3: 9070-49413
Module 4: 9070-49414
Course Fee Information:
Sworn CA Law Enforcement Personnel: Tuition for this course is covered by POST Grant IGP-FY18/19-017. Eligibility for tuition coverage requires that the student be active sworn California law enforcement.
All other non-sworn public safety personnel: Tuition is $240. All members working within public safety are welcome and encouraged to attend the course, including public safety dispatch and professional staff. However, the grant funding California law enforcement personnel is limited to include only those individuals. All others that do not meet that criteria will be charged tuition of $240. Please note that due to the format of our registration system, it will show a zero balance during registration. Students will receive an invoice prior to the start of the course, which will be separate from registration.
POST Plan: N/A – There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem, regardless of POST affiliation.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates GTA/RTC for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
- Computer, Tablet or Smart Phone that allows access to the web training
- Zoom platform downloaded to your device
- Web Camera (you are required to have your web camera ON during the meeting)
- Microphone (you may use the one on your computer or a wireless microphone)
- Internet (this is an online format and requires internet)
- To access the training, you must be registered PRIOR to the course starting and have the equipment listed above
- Meeting login information will be sent one hour prior to class start
- Call ins are not allowed and students are required to have and use a web camera and microphone during the training
Please register for the course number you want. Only one registration is required and will automatically sign the student up for all four sessions affiliated with the course number (MRPS#)
|Course Session Number||Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
|MRPS #21-2, 8am – 12pm PST||November 3, 2021||November 10, 2021||November 17, 2021||November 23, 2021|
|MRPS #21-3, 8am – 12pm PST||December 1, 2021||December 8, 2021||December 16, 2021||December 22, 2021|