Critical Thinking As An Instructional Model Course*
*IDI Level IV Master Instructor Course Pre-Requisite
This course provides essential critical thinking instructional skills for those who teach within a law enforcement for public safety related programs. This course is for skilled instructors who are ready to take their teaching to a new level and will leave ready to modify their own classes to enhance and improve students’ problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
Target Audience: All agencies and public safety instructors who desire further training and/or are planning to attend the MICC. The Government Training Agency verifies eligibility of trainers and reserves the right to refuse entrance.
Topics will include:
- Critical thinking standards for the classroom
- Critical thinking standards for reasoning
- Critical listening standards
- Critical reading standards
- Critical writing standards
- Socratic questioning standards
The following prerequisite has been established as a minimum baseline for students attending this course:
- Successfully have completed the Basic Instructor Course (AICC), ICI Instructor (ICII) or an equivalency
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level II Core Course
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level II Instructional Technology Course or Technology Equivalency Essay
- Successfully have completed the IDI Level III – Advanced Instructor Development Course (Phase I & II)
Course Certification Number: 9070-40274
Course Certification Hours: 24
Course Fee Information:
Reimbursement Plan IV: There is no tuition for POST reimbursable agencies. As of 10/7/2019, travel reimbursement is reimbursable via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR).
Non-Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $156.56. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received more than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the class will not be charged. If payment has already been made, it will be refunded. Cancellations received ten (10) or less business days before the start of the class will be charged at full price. This late cancellation charge compensates GTA for the non-refundable costs incurred prior to the start date of the course.
No Shows: A No Show on the day of the class will result in a full charge for the class.
10/7-9/2019 – Irvine
October 07, 2019 - October 09, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm