This ICI Foundation Specialty course provides investigators with the necessary knowledge, training and practical experience to conduct a variety of online criminal investigations. This course provides instruction on components of the internet and how it works as well as how to use internet as an investigative tool to conduct reactive and proactive investigations.
- Use of Technology in Criminal Activity
- Computer and Internet Components
- Computer Seizure
- Digital Forensics
- Cloud Computing
- Internet Search Engines
- Hi-Tech Crimes & Working with the DA
- Cellular Phone Investigations
- Geo Fence Investigations
While this is not a search warrant writing class, it is recognized that writing a proper search warrant in relation to investigations is essential to your job. With that in mind, the following has been established as a minimum baseline for students attending this course:
- Have taken the 2-week ICI Core Course
- POST online Search Warrant Fundamentals course to demonstrate knowledge of search warrant writing. Click here to be taken to the POST Learning Portal. . Completion of this online class does give 3 hours of CPT credit.
*All student are required to bring a laptop computer that has wireless internet capabilities, Microsoft Word installed and administrator rights or the ability to install software on the computer.
If you have any questions or issues about these prerequisites, please contact the GTA/RTC as soon as possible.
Course Certification Number: 9070-30591
Course Certification Hours: 40
Course Fee Information:
POST Reimbursement Plan IV: There is no tuition for POST reimbursable agencies. Travel reimbursement is available via Training Reimbursement Request (TRR).
Non-POST Reimbursable agencies: Tuition is $821.20. There is no reimbursement for travel and per diem.
DISCLAIMER: Priority enrollment for this course is to law enforcement from POST Reimbursable agencies.
06/12-16/2023 – San Diego
June 12, 2023 - June 16, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm